Saturday, April 24, 2010

NFL cheap shots



The recent NFL annual draft has given me the occasion to air a grievance I've long held.

"With the 23rd pick in the first round of the National Football League draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...a neck, for owner Jerry Jones."

Hey Jerry...all that money you have...and all that money you've spent on plastic surgery [very effectively I might add...you did want to look like a deranged and updated version of Howdy Doody, right?]...couldn't you see clear to buy yourself a freakin' neck?

I dislike Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys.  As a sports fan, I find his conceit extremely grating.  I mean after all, if you made your millions in oil, you're probably qualified to be a judge of talent in young men aspiring to play football, right?

Ya, I know, he owns the team so he can do what he wants with it.

Still...he's an arrogant prick with "short-guy" syndrome.

I generally prefer that my sports team owners resign themselves to writing the checks and sipping a nice, cool glass of "shut the hell up" in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment