Monday, December 21, 2009

something, something, something, disappointing...

Ok, so I watched "Something Something Something Darkside:" the Family Guy's farcical play on "The Empire Strikes Back."

As my post title implies, I was somewhat underwhelmed.  Perhaps the episode succumbed to unrealistic expectations, but it just left a hurried and uninspired impression.

I like language.  I generally don't think there are "bad" words.  Take the f-bomb for instance.  It crops up in several places in this episode.  In and of itself, that doesn't bother me.  However, in most instances it just seemed an easy way out to cover up the lack of a real quality witticism.

It was still funny, and several times I laughed out loud.  It just lacked the luster of the first parody.

Number grade: 6 out of 10.

Letter grade: B-

Thumb up/down: seriously?  The thumbs are way too simplistic of a rating to ever really want to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment