Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brian Loves You: The Alternate Love You



Beach Boys
Brian Loves You: The Alternate Love You

mp3 @320

18 tracks
44 minutes

1] Roller Skating Child [alternate]
2] Mona [alternate]
3] Honkin' Down The Highway [alternate]
4] Ding Dang [alternate]
5] The Night Was So Young [alternate]
6] Let's Put Our Hearts Together [alternate]
7] I Wanna Pick You Up [alternate]
8] Mona [demo]
9] I'll Bet He's Nice [demo]
10] Let's Put Our Hearts Together [demo]
11] Airplane [demo]
12] Love Is A Woman [demo]
13] Roller Skating Child [live]
14] Honkin' Down The Highway [live]
15] Airplane [live]
16] Love Is A Woman [live]
17] Ding Dang ["It's OK" rehearsal, 1976]
18] Love Is A Woman [SNL, 1976]


Here's the quick assessment:

Essentially the tracks are broken into three groups.

Demos, which are the most interesting here.

Studio Alternates, which are moderately interesting.

Live, which are truly for completists only.

Overall, the sound quality is shaky.

Hope you enjoy,

Reg F Cat


***NOTE***
This is going to be posted exclusively on the And Your Bird Can Swing forum. Blank Frank runs that place. He kinda looks like Jimmy Stewart.

If you have troubles, drop me a line. Or Frank

3 comments:

  1. Damn, I can't find a link at And Your Bird Can Swing. Any knowledge as to where this is obtainable? I got to hear the alternate "The Night Was So Young."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Either leave me a way to send you the link or contact me at Frank's place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I trouble you for these files? Wow, didn't know they existed. Thanks

    ReplyDelete