Monday, June 13, 2011

Google AdSense can GFY!

Ugh.

After a year of carrying their ads like a freakin' cross, and having to feel like a sellout for doing so, Google AdSense emailed me to let me know they had discontinued my AdSense account.

Although they never specifically noted what the problem was, they sent me some smiley-smile lame-ass email.  I amassed $30 in ad click revenue in over a year, so I'm not really sure what stick went up their ass that made them shit on my birthday cake and take my money.  Even though it likely would have been over a year, minimum, before I reached the $100 payout threshold.

I really don't understand it, but hey, it's Google's world and I just inhabit it.

So I followed their link to file my appeal, with the caveat that it might take up to ten days to receive a response.   Amazingly, the reply was sooner.  Ten minutes.  TEN MINUTES!   Wow, you'd think someone was waiting for the damn thing.

Naturally, my appeal, after being given a whole eight minutes or so of deep thought and analysis, was denied.  Of course, what could you expect?  Without any information at all, how could I possibly file a decent appeal?  Seems kind of retarded, like asking me to file a book report on a book I've never seen.

them: "Would you like to appeal something we know but haven't told you about?"

me: "I'm sorry, I scratched my nutsac in the produce section at Hy-Vee.  Was that it?"

So, what it really means is this: no more friggin' ads on my blog...

and Google AdSense can GFY.

[that's um, go "f" yourself....I cleaned it up for the kids]

Seriously.  Eff off.

"Google AdSense...let us put our ads on your blog, before we put our member up your ass."

3 comments:

  1. I also removed their calendar widget because it was a free ad placement for them.

    The new conventional wisdom: um, no effin' way, Jose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I still have AdSense one or both of my blogs. I run tight security on scripts and ads so I never see them. In any case, you did very well to make $30, I think I'm somewhere around $3 after a year's time.

    They mail me envelopes once a month though, and I keep hoping I've won the lottery. It's always a sales pitch to advertise on Google.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information.

    ReplyDelete